• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Someone who is good in German?

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
My German is not quite up to that level, technical writings can be quite tricky at times. I recently fooled around with Google Translate (free app) to translate some German folk songs to English though and it wasn't too bad. Pretty short learning curve too. Might be worth looking at.

-frank

Z2V

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Is that a yes or no?

fernballan

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
You need first use an OCR program to convert the image file to text: https://www.onlineocr.net
Then run it through a translator like Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
Thanks for the tip I have a macbook at home! I'm gone try the work computer. The problem is that the Germans speak backways. they speaks a little bit like yoda in starwars. They can start with last word. And google translate is based on English grammar

Eddyde

Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
It may help if you break it up in sections, translate one paragraph or sentence at a time. Also, If you try to OCR large sections it can sometimes change the formatting.

MozamPete

Active User
If you download the google translate app on your phone there is no need to OCR the document - it's augmented reality/on the fly translation is spookey hi tech stuff. Just point the phone camera a the page and it automatically changes the words.

[6]
[5] [7]