Somewhere between Germany and China this happened.

Oh...do tell. You have my interest piqued...at the risk of crushing the souls of diehard beer brand fans! This revelation could be the final nail in the coffin of our obsession with market "choices".
TBH, I do remember some of the labels, but not all. At the time we started contract brewing, there was a possible just over 100 brands we'd be packaging. We didn't end up producing all those, but did do some regularly. I've actually heard some extolling the virtues of their "brand" and how it was better than this other "brand" - I just chuckled, thought if you only knew... (and, they needed to learn how to 'taste' beer)

TBH, I do remember some of the labels, but not all. At the time we started contract brewing, there was a possible just over 100 brands we'd be packaging. We didn't end up producing all those, but did do some regularly. I've actually heard some extolling the virtues of their "brand" and how it was better than this other "brand" - I just chuckled, thought if you only knew... (and, they needed to learn how to 'taste' beer)
So then you are effectively saying All lite beer could be "BUDY LITE" The Beer that made Bud famous. OMG, OMG

A fellow on a motorcycle forum I frequent received a set of four counterfeit NGK sparkplugs from a Honda dealership. Visually 99.99% identical and only under close comparison to legitimate plugs could the differences be seen. They did not perform the same which is how they were discovered.

So then you are effectively saying All lite beer could be "BUDY LITE" The Beer that made Bud famous. OMG, OMG
Not at all. Major Labels have strict specifications. What I have been referring to was (some of) the contract brewing we did. Don't want to mess up taste of your 'legacy' brands. Every package release tank made was lab checked for specs, and taste tested by 9 people. Don't want to have happen what happened to the Schlitz brand.

Back