Sources for way covers

LEEQ

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am looking for ideas and sources for flexible covers to keep chips out of ways. I have seen flat sheets and fanfold arrangements on mill drills and am considering outfitting my Bridgeport with these. It seems like a smart thing to do, a first line of defense. Anybody know of good sources?

my former Bridgeport had leather cowhide in front and behind the table. it got well oiled over the years but that just made it more flexible. it was about belt thickness. . try tandy leather as a supplier

We just had a thread in Jet, Enco and Rong-fu section You might want to check it out.

I grabbed a chunk of pond liner from Home Depot!
About 4ft wide, so whatever the minimum length they'll sell you should do you for about 10 machines.
Just cut it to the shape I needed, then attached one end under a small strip of aluminum.

Think it was about $5 or $8.

I grabbed a chunk of pond liner from Home Depot!
About 4ft wide, so whatever the minimum length they'll sell you should do you for about 10 machines.
Just cut it to the shape I needed, then attached one end under a small strip of aluminum.

Think it was about $5 or $8.
I believe that is the same product as epdm roofing material, another possible source.

- - - Updated - - -

We just had a thread in Jet, Enco and Rong-fu section You might want to check it out.

chip cover for screw behind RF30 table

I bought some 1/8" thick rubber and used some scrap thin gauge sheet metal to rebuild the ones for my mill. Cheap, easy, and effective.

Back