South Bend lathe Minneapolis area. Looks beautiful.

I didn't know that Minnesota had a navy.

He also says that he used camelbacks to inspect the ways, but he doesn't tell us the results of that inspection.

Before this one is gone....

1594487139092.png

He also says that he used camelbacks to inspect the ways, but he doesn't tell us the results of that inspection.

The Mississippi River starts in Minnesota and there are numerous lock and dams (at least 6) along the Minnesota border. Corps of Engineers maintains them and without looking into this further, I believe that they are part of the Navy.
True about inspecting the ways. I would assume (I know, never assume) that they were checked by camel backs and were good.

So, now this begs the question....

How much is this lathe worth assuming it is as nice as it looks. $4300 seems a little high but then again, maybe not?

Makes my little 9A look like a toy!!

I would so much rather have this South Bend than a new Asian import around the same price level.

And don't you love that skateboard type foot?

There are a few battleships on Superior pointed towards Canadia.

They're not part of the US Navy. They are US Army.
DOH! I knew that. Not sure then about the Minnesota Navy... LOL. Sounds like the beginning of a bad pub joke.

Back