Southbend 10

dave enrico

Registered
Registered
ive found this lathe and posted info about a week ago,its a southbend 10 with underdrive motor,it was used for maintenance work and has no chuck just a collet closer,ill probably pick it up on saturday and post pics at that time,my new question is it has a large oil pump and oil tank under the chip pan that ive never seen before is this an accessory from southbend or something some one thought up,it looks original to the lathe but after all these years who knows, thanks dave

I would think it was an option ordered when new, if it's an original paint and piping are mounted correctly . Nice to have coolant system when doing work on the lathe. I know I'd like to have when threading and boring . I'm still using pump oil cans and tins with brushes. I had a Sheldon lathe with quick change 5C collets, I loved working with that machine ,worse thig I ever did was sell it to buy a boat. Still I got one for my Logan lathe years after using the chucks on it. Good luck with her ,I think you will like the collet system.

If you can get a picture it would be a big help.

Back