Spain - Bost Machine Tool Co Totally integrated Monster Crankshaft Mfg.

Buffalo Bob

Active User
Registered
I've watched this twice. Had to research the country that built this machining center. From a crankshaft casting to what looks like the completed job. I am flabbergasted. I do not believe America has the technology or ability to match the company. In Spain where the economy is very bad. And we have TV ads about wristwatches "made in America". Whoever wanted to bring America's manufacturing and engineering prowess to it's knees should be proud. Our biggest feat is training robots to replace us. And GM is still building cars the old way. Incredible...
You will enjoy the video. A marvel of technology...
Bob

[video=youtube_share;dNXP3TA5_tw]http://youtu.be/dNXP3TA5_tw[/video]

Yes, it's always a pleasure to see cool stuff like that... In all sincerity, there are many places in numerous countries (including the US) making things like that. -Maybe not necessarily crankshafts but other sophisticated items of equal or greater complexity.

My father was a T&D maker at Campbell's Soup Company and I saw the machines that produce the product. -Simply Amazing!!! The machines are 4 stories tall and have staircases and enclosed worker stations in-and-around the machines. Raw food product is loaded in at the top stages. Raw metal for the cans is loaded at the mid and lower sections of the machines -and at a rate of a many thousand cans per minute, the finished labeled product comes rolling off conveyer belts, boxed in cases of 24 cans per case. The machines are self cleaning, run 6 days a week 24 hours a day -and are adjusted/inspected on the 7 day. BTW, the machines were made in the US. Sophistication beyond your wildest imagination!

My father retired in the early 80's and since then, I don't know what machines they're using. Since they now have factories in virtually all major countries, it's very possible the machines are made elsewhere for convenience. In any event, "big" does not necessarily mean "sophisticated". A big crankshaft is hard to make because of it's weight. It's no less a marvel that that something much, much smaller can be made with levels of accuracy out to 5 decimals. -And in that regard, such things are made in the US and virtually all allied countries...

Ray

Back