Re-Opened spell check

Groundhog

Registered
Registered
Not a big deal but anyone else experiencing this - or have a solution?
Spellchecker seems to work fine at first, then it starts missing mispelled words. Eventually I highlight all the text I've typed, turn spellchecker OFF, then turn it back on again and the bad words are underlined. After I do this it seems to work OK for awhile.
I am using up-to-date Firefox (version 57.0.2, 64 bit), but had the same problems with earlier versions.
Happy Holidays!

Me, too. It highlights the misspelled word with red text after the space bar is used, but then goes away after I have added another word or two. It would be nice if it worked better than it does now... There is certainly lots of misspelling on this site, which needs all the help it can get. ;) Still, the important thing is the message. If it is understandable it is good enough. If I really have to work at understanding it, I just move on. In all fairness, there are people here from other countries and continents, those who do not use English as their primary language, and others simply too lazy to care. Communication is the ultimate goal.

Upvote 0
On my machine, a misspelled word flashes a red underline momentarily when I type a space following and then reappears when I type the first letter of the next word. But if I don't go back and correct it, usually when I finish the next word the underline disappears. Sometimes it later comes back but usually not. I presume that this has been reported to Xenforo. Otherwise there is nothing that we can do about it.

Upvote 0
Back