Spindle Speeds

I bought one like Tony referenced. It's fine. I stuck the tape on a few machines, and I can check them as needed.

Look around. There seems to be the exact same model from different suppliers for a pretty wide price range.

I just rechecked my Monarch, I am running a 2hp GE motor at 1750 RPM. The motor drives thru a 4spd driveall transmission and exits to a 4 inch dia. flat belt pulley that runs to the center belt location on the spindle, There are three belt diameters approx. 6in, 7.5in and 9 in I am on the middle 7.5 in. diameter.
I marked my motor pulley(V-Belt) and the chuck face, it took 8.75 revolutions of the motor pulley to spin the chuck once in 1st gear. So in first gear 1750rpm divided by 8.75 = 200rpm. Doing the same in other gears produced1st=200rpm, 2nd=269rpm,3rd=451rpm and 4th =823rpm.
In back gear it took 66.625 revolutions of the motor pulley to spin the chuck once in 1st gear, this gives me Backgear speeds of 1st=26rpm, 2nd=35rpm, 3rd=59rpm and 4th= 107rpm. If I could figure a way to shift the motor and trans to use the 6 in. and 9in diameter I could get more speeds both up and down range of what I have now. A little long but hope it helps.

Back