Spray on Chrome process

Fabrickator

Active User
Registered
I was browsing some Jay's Garage (Leno) on You Tube the other day checking out his steam engines and cars. I ran across a video that explained and demonstrated a spray on chroming process acceptable for anything, including car parts. Quite fascinating really. It's kind of like a plastic or powder paint coating, only its a wet process and doesn't require any heat. Chromes anything in a matter of minutes, and even covers Bondo for pitted parts. You can buy kits in in small quantities for the hobby enthusiast and so it may be worth looking into. Anyone ever tried this process before?

I've seen a powder coat process that mimics chrome, if my memory serves me. Do you have a link for the product?

Here is the YT clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-1cTpSZ1l8

I went to the ChromeSolutions page and it doesn't have much info. Although, there were a few more distributors on the web and Ebay ranging from $150 to $10K.

Nice stuff! It looks like it's fairly simple to do. Surface prep is everything with anything like this. I gotta check into it for pricing. It might be something that I'd entertain doing for profit.

They have a cheaper version of this but it still is not cheap for a small quantity it is still $250 to $500 from what I seen it reminds me of the plastic chrome on toy models.

Back