Sprocket Overlay

Yes, I do have concerns about hardness. The sprocket has not arrived yet. That will be a new challenge if it is too hard. Good point about truing the smaller sprocket. Spacing the bolts at 5-6-5.. intervals will come out pretty even. Thanks for the encouragement.

You are welcome.
Just another thought. Once the outer sprocket is set up in the 4 jaw, scribe a concentric circle on the side, the diameter of which should be as close to the bolt circle as possible. It might come in handy to have this visual reference if ever you have to change your approach to laying out and cutting the holes.
Mike

Half holes are easy with an end mill. If the end mill is center cutting just plunge. If not plunge id steps.

Any weld on sprocket I've used was soft. They may surface harden the teeth of better quality ones but the plate has to be low carbon to get a good weld.
If the roller dia is .4, (I'd check the sprocket it may be formed with a slightly larger radius) 3/8 bolts will allow the two pieces to roll back and forth if the load is in both directions. You may need to make .4 dia spacers with say a 5/16 bolt through them to lock the two parts together.

Greg

Back