Square eyelets ?? Why?

We used to do machine work for some interior decorators who neither understood process nor cost.
Just went through working a job by a high end?? inferior decorator. Owner's budget was $250K, Decorators design came in at just over $500K. 6 sets of drawings were made and rejected. Actual construction finally got started after 10 months of arguing. In the mean time material coats went up, a lot! Final design is costing $290K. Project is way behind schedule.

Just went through working a job by a high end?? inferior decorator. Owner's budget was $250K, Decorators design came in at just over $500K. 6 sets of drawings were made and rejected. Actual construction finally got started after 10 months of arguing. In the mean time material coats went up, a lot! Final design is costing $290K. Project is way behind schedule.
Large deposit up front & balance on delivery?

An artistic feature that adds weight to the lower portion instead of a round dowel?
This makes very good sense to me - except that the "eyelets" seem to be just that. The same as would be in a tarpaulin, except they are square!
I only went down this hole because it did not make sense.

What does make sense is that a blind with a stock repeat continuous pretty pattern, say leaf motif in pastel blue will cost twice as much as the plain colour, regardless it has the same intrinsic value, because the fashion-conscious folk can be persuaded that it gives the right "vibrance" or "soothing" mood, or lets you "express yourself" !

I guess I am feeling a bit isolated reactionary now. It does not help when they find out I like machining precision things, doing "sciency stuff", mess with chemistry, and risk my neck flying aircraft sans engines.

This entire discussion is silly. They are now required by OSHA to be square.
Robert

I have heard a saying that enough monkeys on enough typewriters will eventually produce all of Shakespeare's works. I often feel that interior/fashion/... designers work the same way, hoping to come up with the next big thing in fashion.

I kinda like ‘em. :) I do see some crooked ones though…

Back