SS pole mount

HAHA thank you, I went through about 15 coupons just to get this started.

Came out very nice. Who am I kidding, they are gorgeous. I enjoy TIGging stainless.

What did you use for the back side of the weld? When I did an exhaust system I cheated and used an argon purge, but it doesn't look like you could do that in your case.

Thank you for the encouragement, I'm sure the real welders here could point out several things. :grin::grin:
I'm thinking about a dual regulator for back purging, but the prices are holding me back for now. I saw on Youtube that Reynolds aluminum has moldable plugs for back purging :)

You really don't need back purge unless your welds are growing stainless "christmas trees" out of the unshielded side of the work. It's useful for exhaust systems with butt welds and certain tubing work, but for the home shop shouldn't really be a big focus. Add an extra 5 CFH to the argon flow and use a larger cup if you really need it. I love working with stainless, the nickel really flows nicely. It also works well in FCAW-G mode, benefitting from the extra gas of the solid flux.

Regardless of the subtleties of your filler metal distribution, the fishing poles will surely stay onboard, and the fish shall surely be slain and served with Hawaiian rice.

Back