St Albans, VT - Damn Its Cold

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have to work Monday morning in Richford, VT, the most viable motel is in St Albans, Newport is closer, but you have to drive over a massive (for VT) mountain. I got out of the truck, and DAMN!! It was about 2 degrees, with a nice stiff breeze, making it feel like about 10 below, accord to the NWS.

It was 27 when I left Syracuse this morning, while cold, it’s still a lot warmer than here, tomorrow morning it suppose to be somewhere between -5 to -10, hopefully the job will go quickly and I can then go back home.

Don’t worry! Forecast for Tuesday is 19F and 7” of snow. Welcome to Rail City!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live and work in central Massachusetts. I am the head surgeon at the truck hospital for our municipality. Stuff breaks when it is this cold like is is a ceramic. Plow frames made out of 4×6×1/4" tubing, and 1 1/8" cold rolled plow pins, this stuff just breaks cleanly without hardly even bending first. My most memorable roadside repair was an old Mack R Model that shattered a u-joint like it was made out of glass. That fix was performed laying on the ground with my normal winter clothes and a full rain suit over them during and extremely cold blizzard.
I have an assistant now. He seems to be imperious to unpleasant weather. He can have it.
I hate winter soooo much!

LOL
I had the A/C on most of the day
but south Florida has ver few cool days Dec for 23 days, January a couple more days
then temperatures back to the 80
but the humidity is lower than the summer

Nope, na-ah, not gonna happen, zero likes given. Yikes:)
I quite agree, one of the reasons I moved to the tropics of Oz. The 6 weeks of summer is a bit hot at times but the rest of the year is paradise.
No more icicles hanging from the roof gutters to the ground, no more car doors frozen shut etc etc.

Two years ago was a COLD winter. Today was downright balmy compared to that winter. Thanks for sharing/reminding me of that nightmare?
In my 76 years, it is the coldest that I have ever seen. I was thankful for being retired and not having to go out in it.

Two years ago was a COLD winter. Today was downright balmy compared to that winter. Thanks for sharing/reminding me of that nightmare?

2 years ago , first week in November . Had a 5 day trip planned up the property in the ADKs . Left with the dogs in Md. at 65 degrees and sunny . Arrived at the property , 6 degrees with 60 mph winds , 2 ft of snow on the ground . We lasted 6 hrs , packed up and came back home . You guys up north know what COLD really is ! :big grin:

Back