Star grinder pedestal

DeadGuyAle

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Grandfather’s setup that has been sitting in my moms garage for 30 years. Not finding much info on it and wondering if anyone has seen or come across other products star produced?
Curious what was mounted on the big red square (matching mount on the back)
Thinking the lower spot was a manufacturer tag.
Would like to clean up and restore in the near future.
Is the B&D worth keeping around and using if I can find the missing rests and such?

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• 5660C88D-BD19-4D1C-9ADC-E08225F4B48A.jpeg
    5660C88D-BD19-4D1C-9ADC-E08225F4B48A.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 36
I wonder if its a Seneca Falls Manufacturing product? They made Star lathes.
Cheers
Martin
Edit. I would keep the old B&D . They don't make em like that anymore.

I wonder if its a Seneca Falls Manufacturing product? They made Star lathes.
Cheers
Martin
Edit. I would keep the old B&D . They don't make em like that anymore.
Can't seem to find any reference or pictures that Seneca Falls Manufacturing made a grinder. Oddly enough I had been looking at the same site a few weeks ago for some information on a lathe. Thanks

Older bench grinders are generally quite high quality , if the bearings are good then it's probably a good'n

:)

Stu
I need to replace the power cord prior to seeing if it runs, spinning by hand and a bit of lift, push, pull of the wheels does not show much bearing slop or produce funny noises!
Looks like your grandpa used it for buffing/polishing. I’d use it for that.

John
Need a grinder more than a buffer right now, will see what happens. Simple is always good though!
They built a power hacksaw...
View attachment 411648
Interesting read on the history of the company, thanks for sharing. Was hoping to see a logo or something as they don't specifically spell out producing much beyond hand tools and a few power saws. Thanks

Looks like the search will continue for now.
Steve

I think the Star stand is probably from some other machine.

Not having the grinder rests will give you the chance to build something great, there are some good posts on here for inspiration.

John

Back