Starrett micrometer 436 repair

If I don't have 50 , I don't have 1 . :grin: And yes , they are stamped . Some have 1 curve and some have 2 for some reason .
In addition to one (or two for the mics that need a pair) in each storage box, plus a couple of specific Starrett spares that are no longer available from them, this is my collection:

IMG_5733_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

@ChazzC Thanks for showing off your collection :)

Found two micrometer boxes, one, a Centech from HF, and my Digimatic from Mitutoyo, and both had wrenches. Since I had the Centech one in my hand, I tried it and set the zero. Took two tries, but it is set now. Hooray. That deserves a drink...

One of my mom's last wishes, was that we drink up the last of the Drambuie, that my dad had brought home from NewFoundland ages ago. Why was that a last wish? I don't know. But here I am with a shot glass of Drambuie, slowly fulfilling that wish. Seems weirdly appropriate after fixing my dad's micrometer, that I found by chance in his desk last week. :drink:

@mmcmdl when are you fixing yours? In the scheme of things, that wasn't very hard at all. I happen to know, you aren't lacking the wrenches. :big grin:

@ChazzC Thanks for showing off your collection :)

Found two micrometer boxes, one, a Centech from HF, and my Digimatic from Mitutoyo, and both had wrenches. Since I had the Centech one in my hand, I tried it and set the zero. Took two tries, but it is set now. Hooray. That deserves a drink...

One of my mom's last wishes, was that we drink up the last of the Drambuie, that my dad had brought home from NewFoundland ages ago. Why was that a last wish? I don't know. But here I am with a shot glass of Drambuie, slowly fulfilling that wish. Seems weirdly appropriate after fixing my dad's micrometer, that I found by chance in his desk last week. :drink:

@mmcmdl when are you fixing yours? In the scheme of things, that wasn't very hard at all. I happen to know, you aren't lacking the wrenches. :big grin:
I'll drink to that!

Back