Starting lathe training

Papa-Ro, is there a chance your program has "lab" days. When I was going through my program, we had our scheduled days which were just like yours, part lecture part lab. We also had "Lab only" days where the shop would be open for 2-3 hours, and the students could get additional time to work on their assignments and get more practice on the machines.
Unfortunately, no. The instructors give 100% in the classroom and they do have office hours but beyond that...do not call, write or bother. For legal reasons no students are allowed in the lab without an instructor. To clarify, our machining instructor teaches 2 machining classes, a manufacturing processes class and they sprung a blueprint reading class on him at the last minute. Our welding instructor has a full time job during the day and teaches at night.

That is the pits, that you cannot get any additional time in the lab.
welding practice is the best way to get things down. I t has been so long since I did stick welds, that I would have to go back and practice again.

He assures us that we will be ready for the 3G vertical test by the end of the semester. And still have time for mig and even a little tig.

Back