Starting….

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Got my DIY adapter built, gotta admit I cheated when a guy at work offered to build it for me I took him up on it.

I bought the cheapest Fire tablet and slogged through the fun of making Google pay store work on it.

Now I need to get some scales and set it up on either my mill or lathe, inclined to do the mill first.

John

IMG_3619.jpeg

Got my DIY adapter built, gotta admit I cheated when a guy at work offered to build it for me I took him up on it.

I bought the cheapest Fire tablet and slogged through the fun of making Google pay store work on it.

Now I need to get some scales and set it up on either my mill or lathe, inclined to do the mill first.

John

View attachment 470753
Looks good, but why are you side-loading Google Play Store? Is the native Amazon app store app not working?

Guess I didn’t think it was there. Old IT guy used to doing things the long way.

Thanks,

John

John

View attachment 470753
Man, I wish I could do that kind of stuff!!

Man, I wish I could do that kind of stuff!!
The Bambu printer is the bees knees. All I did was download the files, place them on the surface, click slice then start. Pretty sure with your skills you'd have this down in less than a day.

Honestly, the other printer we have is a pain and requires constant fiddling. One of our ME's suggested the X1 Carbon and it takes most of the guess work out of 3D printing. It automatically calibrates before every print and tells you if something isn't going to work. I'm seriously not a 3D printing expert by a very, very wide margin. But, I need to be able to print jigs and fixtures at short notice so this one is awesome for me.

John

Don't have my scales yet, but my ebay used tablet arrived and I immediately installed TDRO, telling myself I have to test the tablet in case it needs to go back. But the real reaosn is I just couldn't wait to play with it. Then today my Christmas present arrived from Yuriy's Toys, so of course I had to play with that too. I guess I am easily amused, but it made me smile to see how beautiful the app looks on a hi-res screen, and then when the Bluetooth connected and those digits turned green, there was great rejoicing. Thanks Yuriy! And a forum-member discount to boot, such a great deal.

I pity the folks who have to look at those ugly 7-segment displays, with their limited configuration and display options. Those old-school displays are completely obsolete now, right? Who would choose that over TDRO? And cheap too — my whole DRO is under $400.

I know, preachin' to the choir, everyone on this forum already knows how cool it is.

So, I need the bigger box. Can someone link me to the right one for the DIY board that was just discontinued?

Thanks,

John

Back