Stay off my lawn!

The city placed boulders between the ditch and the fence of the cemetery, no issues since. The real problem is dealing with the HOA!

I dont know much about an HOA, but surely they have some ideas. I mean you pay dues for something, right?

Gran Torino, great movie (and car). That was my first car in High School. Paid $500 for it I think. Worked on it constantly. It was not beautiful but it was a great ride.

Our HOA is pretty informal here. All volunteer with no gung-ho types. Many of us have done a stint on the board. We pay a small amount of dues but it is mainly for maintaining the roads. I'm thinking maybe boulders are the way to go but a pain to mow/trim around.

Bookmarking the fake rock site...

I have a similar issue. I am on a corner. People like to turn the corner short and drive across my yard. I added a ~400 lb rock to the corner of my lot. About every 4-6 weeks I have to put it back where it belongs and pick up car parts. It has a lot of different colors of paint that has been rubbed onto it. I am now shopping for a 1500 to 2000 lb rock to put there so that cars can not move it so easy.

I have also used the pieces of re-bar with a spherical radius on the end set down to ground level. With a round end I can claim that I was trying to make them as safe as possible. Round will easily penetrate a tire, even the tire of a semi size truck.

The other thing that has worked real good is to plant some rocks that are about a foot in diameter. Unless it is a lifted, or modded truck this is more that the available ground clearance of most vehicles. I have a line of those spaced about 8 feet, I then planted Tiger Lillie's (also known as Day Lillie) along that line. The plants look nice, require no trimming as the mower can pass under the leaves, can handle getting run over once in a while, and completely hide the rocks. When someone tries to go thru them they end up getting hung up to where they often need help getting away. The rocks also do wonderful things to the bottom of the vehicle. I did have one person that called the cops and insisted that a ticket be written since there was significant damage to her car. After much insisting by her, the cop did finally write a ticket,,,,,,,,,,,for trespassing. Then she was really unhappy.

One of our neighbors who lives on a corner lot had a problem with the kids cutting across his lawn in their 4 wheel drive trucks. He tried all sorts of things like a small fence, warning signs about cameras and more. Nothing seemed to work so finally he bought a small tree at the local nursery. He planted it in the spot they always went across and to "help it grow straight" put several earth anchors around it with cables going to the trunk of the tree. It took about a week before one of the kids tried to take the shortcut. When they did they got a nasty surprise. The tree was destroyed, but so was the oil pan, transfer case and transmission of the kids truck.

Earth Anchor:

The kids parents were more than upset and tried to sue the neighbor for the damage done to the truck. The judge not only didn't decide in their favor, but ruled that they were liable for the damage done to the tree since it was well within the boundaries of the lot of the neighbor that planted it, not anywhere near where a vehicle should be traveling.

Back