[How do I?] Still Cannot Find " Clasified" Section

joebiplane

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I've been on this forum for most of the 5 years it's been in business. I've posted over 1000 times I've made small donations 4 or five times
But for the love of Pete..... I cannot locate the " Classified" section that is talked about. Is it BROKEN ? am I not able to SEE it ? Am I just going crazy ???? I have some stuff to sell !
Thanks
joebiplane

Joe, the classified area is actually a forum. Click on "Forums" on the bar near the top of the window. Next scroll down the list of forums until you find the "Members Area". Within the Members Area you will find a forum called "I have an extra item that I want to sell or trade." and click on it. You're there! Once you are in there you can start a new thread for your items.

Personally, I find the member for sale section VERY confusing too.

From what I see, we have 3 forums...
  1. I HAVE AN EXTRA ITEM I WANT TO SELL OR TRADE (for ACTIVE Members)
  2. I WANT TO BUY AN ITEM I NEED (ALL Members)
  3. CLASSIFIEDS - ITEMS FOR SALE
I can see separating 'items for sale' from 'I want to buy', but what is the third one for? By definition, isn't the 'Classified' things for sale or wanted ? I find the duplicity overly complex and repetitive. A superfluity. And not only that, they do the same thing ! ;) It's like Déjà vu all over again.

I've laid out 5 or 6 web sites and from a flow standpoint the present layout is simply not clear to this user. And in the web world, menu selections need to be VERY clear and concisely labeled. May I suggest these 2: "Member Items for Sale" and "Member Items Wanted". Within each of those you can have "Tooling", "Instruments", "Machines", "Other".

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. Why would I ever want to offer something for sale only in the "ACTIVE Members" forum? One of the few advantages of the old software was the existence of an actual "Classifieds" section with a link in the headers.

Classifieds are for members with businesses. It is used by them so they do not clutter the other ones.

"Billy G"

Classifieds are for members with businesses. It is used by them so they do not clutter the other ones.

"Billy G"
Could the "Classifieds" section possibly be re-titled as something like "Commercial Classifieds" or "Business Classifieds" to ease the confusion?

Tom

Thank you all.
At least I know I'm not nuts .....yet........
Moderators....we all agree you are OVER PAID and under worked ( LOL) but the forum set up COULD be less confusing and a Bit more transparent Put it where it will be seen and label it FOR NON COMERCIAL BUSINESS ONLY
Make a second forum for COMMERCIAL BUSINESS ONLY
state Rule for each under the label
we are " self proclaimed hobbyists . give us our required " KISS " nomenclature . kISS was invented for US

Personally, I find the member for sale section VERY confusing too.

From what I see, we have 3 forums...
  1. I HAVE AN EXTRA ITEM I WANT TO SELL OR TRADE (for ACTIVE Members)
  2. I WANT TO BUY AN ITEM I NEED (ALL Members)
  3. CLASSIFIEDS - ITEMS FOR SALE
I can see separating 'items for sale' from 'I want to buy', but what is the third one for? By definition, isn't the 'Classified' things for sale or wanted ? I find the duplicity overly complex and repetitive. A superfluity. And not only that, they do the same thing ! ;) It's like Déjà vu all over again.

I've laid out 5 or 6 web sites and from a flow standpoint the present layout is simply not clear to this user. And in the web world, menu selections need to be VERY clear and concisely labeled. May I suggest these 2: "Member Items for Sale" and "Member Items Wanted". Within each of those you can have "Tooling", "Instruments", "Machines", "Other".

Just my 2 cents.

To add to the confusion, below the forum title “Classifieds - Items For Sale” it says it's for donors only, all others should use the Classified Ads. I thought "Classifieds - Items For Sale" was the classified ads.

Tom

Last edited:
Back