Stock Duplicator PDF over in Downloads section

Les B

Active User
Registered
I posted a PDF file in the PLANS AND DRAWINGS section of the Downloads for all to see how my design was built by the students at TSJC in 1993. If you want a project for this winter you might consider this project. I have worked on a couple of different machines and this little machine is great for a small shop operation for coping a broken stock and fitting it to a customers action. The original machine was made portable and only weighed in at 130 lbs. The steel frame model is too heavy to haul around in a shop. Take a look

I was able to obtain a stock duplicator a while back for almost nothing. If not I would have really like to build one. What I need help with now is using it effectively. But while we are on topic, where is the down load area and how do I get to it. Thanks

The DOWNLOADS SECTION at the end is at the top of the page line beginning with the HOME. You have to make around 20 posts before this section is opened to you.

What brand is your Duplicator? My machine is designed for a small shop to make a machine for in house use.

Les

Read the intro on making the stock duplicator.

INTRODUCTION
I am not a writer so please keep this in mind whilereading.
I learned to makestocks in the 1950’s by reading articles in magazines. A person doing gunsmithing in his garagewouldn’t give any advice on barreling an action or stock making. I thought if I wanted to learn this tradeTrinidad State Jr College was the place to go. The Army drafted me and I was sent to Germany. Stoegers mail order sent me a couple ofgunsmithing books while in Germany. Iread these books cover to cover many times. In 1961 I enrolled in the Gunsmithing program. I received the Applied Science of Gunsmithingdegree in 1963. Most of my time has beengeneral gunsmithing and making stocks for customers. In 1992 I was hired to teacher stock makingand checkering at Trinidad State Jr. College. I taught to 1994 and returned to Texas.
A person can only learn just so much while in schoolbecause of time. I was able to complete9 stocks while going to school. Myweight went from 180 lbs to 153 lbs in 15 months by burning a lot of mid nightoil to get these projects finished. Stock making and checkering was always easy for me to understand. Some people just don’t have an eye for thistype of work. I can make all styles ofstocks and checker or carve the stocks.
I always had more work than I could do and I didn’tadvertise. If you can learn to makestocks, you can learn the metal work also. Some people can learn metal work, but do not have the artistic abilityto do stocks.
The stock machine project was started in 1981. By 1983 the model shown was completed after afew changes to the design. It hasremained the same for about 25 yrs. Amachine will cut only as good as the operator. Care must be exercised in using this machine. Use a face mask and goggles for operatingthis machine. Keep hands away from theROUTER CUTTER.

ANY PERSON MAKING THIS MACHINE OR OPERATING THIS STOCKMACHINE WILL OPERATE IT AT HIS OR HER OWN RISK AND THEY WILL ASSUME ALLRESPONIBILITIES.

NO PERSON OR COMPANY CAN MANUFACTURE THIS MACHINE FOR SALEOR SALE THE RIGHTS TO MANUFACTURE UNLESS THEY HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THEDESIGNER AND MAKER LISTED BELOW.

Lester G. Brooks, Gunsmith (retired) written and edited 2011

How do you download from the downloads section? Everytime I try it tells me I have to wait 57 Seconds before I can download another file but I didnt even download a file.

Thanks

Back