Stopped working because he was Injured on the job, but surfs and skateboards

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
In a court filing submitted before the sentencing, Mr. Celentano’s lawyers said he had grown up as a churchgoing boy scout who went on to a 30-year career as a union carpenter. He was forced to stop working because of on-the-job injuries and had spent much of his free time surfing and skateboarding before being charged in the XXXXXX XXXXXXX the lawyers wrote.

so I hope new charges are coming for collecting disability while showing that he is fully capable of activity.

As a man who hung up my tool belt after 7 years in construction and then working with a painful disability for the last twenty years due to falling off a ladder, I can say I would not be afraid to skateboard or surf as I please.
Having a disabling and painful condition doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to ever have fun again. Lol and I don’t expect people to be paraplegic and bed bound to get disability benefits.

Having said that, if they brought a court case against him, he probably deserved it. I can’t say I’m on this wavelength though. Let’s go back to that holy war on crappy aluminum drill guides. Lol

Last edited:
Depends on the injury.

Some disability may limit the ability to do a specific task, but the person still may appear fine.

Someone with not so good eyesight may not be able to fly a plane, but can surf.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Depends on the injury.

Some disability may limit the ability to do a specific task, but the person still may appear fine.

Someone with not so good eyesight may not be able to fly a plane, but can surf.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
In the US disability is generally limited to those who have little if any options.

Some times I go and so some fun stuff, but then have to do pain stuff for a while before getting back at it again. You have to have some fun every once and a while.

In a court filing submitted before the sentencing, Mr. Celentano’s lawyers said he had grown up as a churchgoing boy scout who went on to a 30-year career as a union carpenter. He was forced to stop working because of on-the-job injuries and had spent much of his free time surfing and skateboarding before being charged in the XXXXXX XXXXXXX the lawyers wrote.

so I hope new charges are coming for collecting disability while showing that he is fully capable of activity.
Im going to guess its not that he stopped working. Its because he was receiving payment from past employment because of said disablement kept him from working.
Im going to gander if you can still skatebord and surf you can probably still be able to do carpentry.
Im also going to guess it was a BS claim he was “hurt” at all.

My Dad was in his late fifties, working as a carpenter when a a fellow worker fell on him from fifteen feet, braking my Dad's collarbone. The surgeons fused the collarbone but screwed up the job, leaving a 1/4" mismatch at the break. This resulted in much pain and after the workman's comp, he received SS disability for two years before he switched to retirement and social security at age 62. My Dad was an active hunter, fisherman, and gardener but lived with constant pain for the remainder of his 95 years. Just because someone is active doesn't mean that they are fit to work.

The key question is, was he doing leisure activities that required the same range of movements, and level of dexterity that he claimed he couldn't perform while completing the duties his job required? If he was there's probably some grounds to either challenge the disability payments. The leisure activities may require flexibility and stamina, but do they require the strength in the same muscle groups or skeletal structures?

edit ;
People that qualify and need disability I have no problem with.

Last edited:
I should add that my Dad was an aircraft mechanic in the Army Air Corp during WWII. In the last year of the was working on the wing of a plane and a hot shot Lieutenant decided ti taxi the plane. My Dad fell off the wing and got busted up pretty badly. He spent the next 18 months recovering in an Army hospital. When he got out, he said he never wanted anything to do with the Army again. Although he was certainly eligible for veteran's benefits, including the VA, he refused to do so. The only benefit he received was an American flag draped over his coffin and taps and a four gun salute by volunteers from the American Legion at his funeral. That flag sits atop the bookcase in my office.

Back