Storage Under A Bench Lathe On Legs

And yes, the photos are upside dow in the northern hemisphere, or perhaps its just the altitude.
Chuck at the grumpy old guy
Guess we'll have to wait until 12Bolts, taycat, cascao, Guv, MozamPete, or another of our upside-down friends posts to this thread to verify your assertion ;~)

For the record I see them as upside down too. But here we are less upside down and more backward ☺

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I do the same, just had to remove the casters to get the height low enough.

IMG_4392s.jpg

Interesting. The photos look fine on my screen.

I''ve had this problem when I post photos directly from my ipad - they then look fine when the thread is viewed on the ipad but upside-down when viewed on the pc.

IMG_1170[1].JPG Costco provided my under lathe storage. The cool thing about these over the craftsman style tool chest is that they pull straight out. Great for retrieving that part that I just spent hours making.

The only reasons I can think of for not storing things under the lathe are restricting where you can pit your feet,or,if the objects stored rest on a cross member attached to the legs,putting different amounts of weight on the shelf might cause the bed of the lathe to twist somehow. On the fairly short bed heavy 10 just above,I doubt there would be an issue,and apparently South Bend didn't think so either. Besides,the cabinet is built heavily enough to not flex appreciably from the contents of the drawers.

Back