Strange Bar Bell Weight Material

if you are able to do the threading just get a slice of big steel rod
I don't know the reasoning behind it but I have always seen people say you shouldn't make back plates out of steel and cast iron is the preferred material.

Wheelhubs might be the answer, frontwheel drives, try audi/vw for fit, some type have 4 hole hubs, boltcircle a little over 100mm.
Cast iron is preferred because of its stability.
Steel will work perfectly fine, if you were to get runout in time just skim the backplate again.

Not sure if a brake rotor would be thick enough base material for a thread and a recess to register the chuck. Will look into it though .

Some brake rotors have integral bearing races. That style of rotor should have small I.D. and lots of meat where you need it. Trick is to find out which models of cars used them and where to get a used one.

Hi MozamPete.

I know a guy in Hartebeespoortdam that deal in all kinds of new and used engineering equipment. His prices is good too. If you are interested, please PM me.

Deon

Sent from my SM-T111 using Tapatalk

Mozampete

I have a brand new Myford backplate for you. And if you are in Moz im fairly close to you. Give me a pm and we can discuss further

Back