Strange thread tipe caps

standard exterior water based plastic emulsion (I believe its called different in many countries)
If there is any algae build up the fish eat it, but seriously as long as the light is stopped the algae wont grow.
I used the paint to help shield it from UV radiation as I had heard they will break down after a couple of years and get brittle.
In the full sun (very hot here) the paint has sort of slipped as if it melted which it hadnt but thats only in a few places

I am going to cover the tanks with black netting to try and prevent the algee from building up.
This product is designed to reflect heat, UV and sunlight and I would expect it to be better than paint or netting for that purpose.
https://www.reflectixinc.com
In my experience it takes very little light for algae to grow and eventually clog up the system so I would go to great lengths to black out the system completely.

This product is designed to reflect heat, UV and sunlight and I would expect it to be better than paint or netting for that purpose.
https://www.reflectixinc.com
In my experience it takes very little light for algae to grow and eventually clog up the system so I would go to great lengths to black out the system completely.
I will have a look and see if it is available around here. Thank you.

Latex paint is a good choice it's readily available, put several thick coats

Hi guys.

At the end of the day this was my solution for the problem.
20181006_153219.jpg20181006_153202.jpg
It is nice and dark inside now.I covered it with isopine sealing insolation offcuts witch I got from a client. I am also going to cover it with netting to keep everything together. And if all this fails......well then I will have 2 very cool and big ice dispensing boxes and am going to have a huge barbecue :D:beer bottles::laughing::beer:
Thanks for viewing

Michael

I have one of these plastic tanks that I use for a dog swimming pool, algae does NOT grow in it, it grows in the valve and on the concrete benieth the tank, but not in it.

Back