Stuart S50 Mill Steam Engine modifications to plinth

Jim Dobson

Active User
Registered
Stuart S50 Mill Steam Engine with modifications to the plinth running on live steam from a MSM 4" copper boiler.
There was a lot of machining of parts and working out where everything was going to go and how it was all going to work.
A lot of fun doing this.

Beautiful work, Jim! Thanks for sharing your project.

I like the teapot, but what's the green thing that makes all the noise for?

I meant making tea with boiler water.

Beautiful engine, by the way.

I meant making tea with boiler water.

Beautiful engine, by the way.

Thanks, and LOL that was just a joke. The blow off valve fills up that copper receptacle and that tap then fills up that little brass cup with wooden handle that I made. Someone mentioned to me once its like a built on coffee percolator and gave me the idea of having a joke with a tea bag.

Thanks, and LOL that was just a joke.

At my work we have hot water heating and the old cast iron radiators. In the old days the person manning the front desk was often left alone and would get up to all sorts of shenanigans with people coming in to the building. A favourite was to casually walk over to one of the rads and crack the bleeder valve into their coffee cup and pretend to drink it. Worked every time!

Nice steam engines :encourage:

-frank

Thanks, and LOL that was just a joke. The blow off valve fills up that copper receptacle and that tap then fills up that little brass cup with wooden handle that I made. Someone mentioned to me once its like a built on coffee percolator and gave me the idea of having a joke with a tea bag.

The next step is to design a steam engine powered spoon drive so you can stir in the milk and sugar. :)

Back