Style over substance, but the machinist won out

Big fan of Toto also, good product. Many of the others are just crap.:grin: Mike
Sadly, the parts that go into these seem to be pretty much the same. So we're at the mercy of the sub-vendors (; It wasn't the porcelain toilet that failed, it was the stuff installed into it.

because if the toilet covered the valve, how would you shut it?

Again, I'm a Toto fan. Just have a access panel on the toilet to hide the valve. The valve is hidden behind the toilet. Much cleaner.

Sadly, the parts that go into these seem to be pretty much the same. So we're at the mercy of the sub-vendors (; It wasn't the porcelain toilet that failed, it was the stuff installed into it.

Toto makes their own toilet parts. They were 3.5" flapper flush DECADES before other brands.

Again, I'm a Toto fan. Just have a access panel on the toilet to hide the valve. The valve is hidden behind the toilet. Much cleaner.
That might work .... IF the valve were roughed in at the correct location. But every house I've seen has had the valve well off to the left of the toilet drain.

But every house I've seen has had the valve well off to the left of the toilet drain.

Left?

Is that when staring at the wall or from the "drivers seat" like in a car? :big grin:

-brino

Well, OK ... facing the wall, as though you're the plumber who's installing the driver's seat ;)

That might work .... IF the valve were roughed in at the correct location. But every house I've seen has had the valve well off to the left of the toilet drain.

I thought those toilets were recommended during new construction.

I like that tool you made because sliding that collet ring up is almost impossible with wet hands. I messed up recently and bought two American Standard toilets that were 1.26 gallons per flush. They came with the flush valve installed so I swapped them out with Fluidmaster A400's set at max height and extended the overflow tube to gain a little over 1 gallon more per flush. I used 1" C200 PVC and sealed the bottom with electrical tape. Stick it to the man!

img1.jpg

I like that tool you made because sliding that collet ring up is almost impossible with wet hands. I messed up recently and bought two American Standard toilets that were 1.26 gallons per flush. They came with the flush valve installed so I swapped them out with Fluidmaster A400's set at max height and extended the overflow tube to gain a little over 1 gallon more per flush. I used 1" C200 PVC and sealed the bottom with electrical tape. Stick it to the man!

View attachment 379704

Fluid master valves are your generic run of the mill filler valve. I chanced upon a Hydroclean valve years ago and was blown away by how many improvements was even possible to a filler valve. 11 (i think) patents. If I was CEO of fluid master i would have called a board meeting and shot them all and myself. Any new improvements by fluid master is just copies of the hydro clean.

Back