Resolved Subscribed threads not sending email notifications of new posts

7milesup

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hello.
So I am subscribed to numerous threads on HM. Every morning I log into my Gmail account with bottled up anticipation of what is new from my friends on HM. But for some reason, more often than not, my inbox is a desert of despair.
For example, I am subscribed to Jraut's thread on his Edwards Radial Engine Build. I found out last night after talking to him on the phone that he has been updating the thread, but I have not received any notifications since July 1st. I have "email notifications daily to watched threads" checked for every thread I am interested in.
I am wondering if I need to delete the notification out of my inbox to get further notifications? Seems rather archaic if that is the case. I realize you may get one email for the day and there may be multiple replies to the thread after the email was sent but that does not explain no email the next day for new replies.

I would suggest that you go through all of the headers in your account. And turn on all alerts, both the alert itself and the often accompanying And Send Me An Email. In other words, you may have the specific classification turned on but an overriding general classification turned off. If that gets you some that you don't really want, you can always go back and turn them off and see whether or not you are still getting the desired one.

Hmmm.
Under my account and "Receive a notification when someone…" I have all of those boxes checked. I also have all of the options checked under "Email Options" and "Content Options". They have been set like that for quite some time.

OK. Have you checked your various Spam traps? It's probably unlikely but certain ISP's have a bad habit of suddenly routing incoming mail to Spam.

Spam has been empty. No HM messages there at all.
It will remain a mystery. I will poke around a little more and see if I can find any issues. Normally I hit the "New Post" or "Whats New" links at the top to get my HM fix.

Then I am out of suggestions other than that I or any of the staff could log in as you and go look at your account settings. However, not without you getting a PM telling you that we did, and who it was that did it. So we only do it upon prior request of the member involved. I can do that but I can't promise that I will find and fix the problem as from what you have written, there shouldn't be any problem!

Ok. No problem. Thank you for your response.

I took a look at your settings. You should be getting emails. One thing I did is that I went to @JRaut profile from your account and clicked "Follow"

Screenshot_2020-07-24 Edwards Radial 5 build thread --- PHOTOS .png

The result is that you should get notifications when JRaut posts. Let me know what you discover. This may be a bug in the notification and follow system and would like to bring it to the developer's attention if that seems to be the case.

Just discovered by looking at "new posts" that there is another thread that I have not been getting notifications from. Turns out I am subscribed to DaveR8's thread on his shop and have had no new notifications since post number 48 on his thread. Shop Re-Do There are "New" notifications in the corners of the posts that I have not read yet, but no email notification to me since...July 13th.

By "subscribed" do you mean that you are "Following" the particular DaveR8 thread?

Back