Surface grinder

Pevehouse

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi. All. I have been on the hunt for a surface grinder for sometime now and one keeps popping up that’s within my reach. Just wanted to see if you guys could tell me if it’s a decent deal and if theees anything good or bad to be said for this particular machine. It is a Turn Pro, appears to be a Taiwan machine. Does not appear to be abused. The only thing is that it’s 3 phase. Not sure if this would work on a VFD or not???
Thanks in advance for any guidance

Attachments

• IMG_1557.png
    IMG_1557.png
    716.6 KB · Views: 73
Hi. All. I have been on the hunt for a surface grinder for sometime now and one keeps popping up that’s within my reach. Just wanted to see if you guys could tell me if it’s a decent deal and if theees anything good or bad to be said for this particular machine. It is a Turn Pro, appears to be a Taiwan machine. Does not appear to be abused. The only thing is that it’s 3 phase. Not sure if this would work on a VFD or not???
Thanks in advance for any guidance
Looks clean and shows signs of lubrication running off, that's a plus.

Its missing the side shields and backstop so if it throws something its going to fly across the shop and hit whatever is in line, that's bad.

We have launched parts (You will too) by forgetting to engage the magnet and they have travelled through the window and out into the bushes even with the proper backstop.

The hand wheels are all in the right places, but if you're only using one machine that really isn't an issue for most people.

How much are they asking?

I appreciate the input. Going to look at it this coming Saturday. Hoping he has everything that goes to it as well

Whatever SG you end up getting: see if you can get them to throw in any wheel adapters (hubs) they have! You'll want your different grinding wheels already mounted up and adapters can be expensive (especially the good brands)

First saw Turn Pro as Enco's top line of machines. Pretty much the same as today, Taiwan = generally better quality control vs China = crap shoot. Mike

Whatever SG you end up getting: see if you can get them to throw in any wheel adapters (hubs) they have! You'll want your different grinding wheels already mounted up and adapters can be expensive (especially the good brands)
That’s something I havnt thought about. Thank you for pointing it out

Back