SWAG Offroad Air Tool Chamfer Table

akjeff

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Just tried this little gem out this afternoon, and first impression is it's going to be a very handy addition to the shop. Everything I've ever bought from SWAG has been a winner, and no I have no affiliation with them, whatsoever.

These chamfers were cut in scrap of 4140 that, according to my hardness files, is 30C-35C. Cut with zero effort, or chatter. I like it! The other two photos are of an indicator stand I'm making out of Dura-Bar.

The air tool has to be bought separately, and available on Amazon for about 50 bucks. So all in table and tool, is about $150.

Edited to add that I had my photos mixed up. Here is a shot of 4140( the other photos are of Dura-Bar ). It wasn't a machined piece, so the surface finish isn't as nice as it could be. But the cutter never balked at cutting it.
IMG_1754.JPG
IMG_1748.JPG
IMG_1749.JPG

Last edited:
That's pretty cool! Router table for metal!

What brand pneumatic tool and bit did you use? Link?

Any reason a regular router table would not work? is it a specific kind of router bit that would work with steel? ive done similar things with aluminum with standard woodworking tools and am switching over all the wood cutters i can to insert. I am guessing many of those bits can take a metal cutting specific insert if i know what to look for.

FWIW for small wooden parts i stick a cordless router in a vise, bit up, and chamfer/roundover away. its easier and faster than the big router table or trying to hold small parts and breaking the edges. makes a much more consistent edge than hand sanding/breaking. it isn't something i see others do for some reason.

I have a few things from Swag. But this is one that I will make myself. Waiting for the shop to be done, setup the CNC plasma cutter... yeah... next year...

I got one of these pneumatic tool and extra bits for it (yes, I got two... wanted one in black as handheld and one for the table) :

Back