Switch Identification

Scra99tch

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Would this switch be a STDP switch?

1 NO 2 NC. But the pressure to open the NC is less until more pressure is applied to close the NO.

The plunger is on the right side, but its been broken off.

I bought one but it ended up being too big.

I am not able to find one in this voltage range, but its only switching a <1HP 2 speed motor with brake.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    757.9 KB · Views: 37
Actually I think that would be a 3PST even if the contact sets don't operate at exactly the same moment
Why do you need the type shown? Is it part of the machine somehow?
-Mark

That is a DPDT switch. Looks like it's wired as a reversing switch.

The motor from what I understand is a 2 speed motor, and it has a braking mechanism that looks like it connects to the armature externally when a lever is thrown its number 806 on this picture.

motor.JPG

Last edited:
Actually I think that would be a 3PST even if the contact sets don't operate at exactly the same moment
-Mark

The switch shown the pluger snapped away from the bakelight plastic. IT also looks like the lever seen in picture below was forced open and broke a actuating arm that contacts the motor armature. Figured I would replace with something more modern than 1968 vintage.

-Mark

I looked at the picture again. Yup, you are correct. Looks like a special switch designed for a specific purpose. Never seen one like that before.

You could arrange a relay to do the same switching functions, but the mechanical connection to the armature is odd- I'd have to see more detail before I could advise you
It sounds like the braking function shorts the motor windings somehow- that would make sense
Maybe just repairing the existing switch with epoxy and ingenuity would be the easier path? Bakelite glues well
-Mark

Last edited:
Back