Table Power Feed installation

andrewgr

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I feel really stupid, I can't even do the very first step.

The instructions seem really clear. I'm supposed to attach the casting using the screws.

But there aren't any screw holes? How am I supposed to attach it? I'm completely lost.

Attachments

• closeup.PNG
    closeup.PNG
    116.2 KB · Views: 135
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 133
  • failure.jpg
    failure.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 141
No idea, this looks way different from feeds I have seen and installed.

The screws just makes that flange adapter act as a clamp to secure itself to the table. Think c-clamp.
I don't understand what you wrote.

I see, I screwed them all the way in and it works as you described. I should stick with software, I'm obviously dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to hardware.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
The 2 bolts in your 3rd pic, if you tighten them it will make that adapter pull itself up against the table & will "clamp" onto the table.

I don't understand what you wrote.

I see, I screwed them all the way in and it works as you described. I should stick with software, I'm obviously dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to hardware.

Thank you for your help.
Don't be so hard on yourself. We all start somewhere and the more you work with machines and mechanics, the more you will understand. Don't be afraid to ask questions here, no one will judge, and if they do, we will put them in the public shaming box.

Funny I saw right off how that works but put me in front of a computer and see the amazing idiot boy
It's a good thing we are all different or the world would be so boring
-M

One thing to check, on my 728 the adapter sat off the top of the table by over a tenth of an inch. The lip with the screws hit the bottom of the well in the table preventing the machined surface from sitting against the top of the table. I cut the lip down and put in new screw holes so the ground adapter surfaces sat flat against the table end and table top.
Not sure it really mattered, but I figured both of the machined surfaces of the adapter should contact the table for the best support.

Jim

I installed mine last week, and totally missed that the adapter flange -> power feed is vertically adjustable... so simple it plum evaded me... had to RTFM.

Make sure you set the gear mesh correct. Easy way is to get a piece of paper (standard printer paper or similar) and smash it between the gears then tighten the bolts. Then work the paper out by turning the gears. This should get the gear mesh pretty close / good enough. Then grease up the gears.

Back