!!Tablesaw kick back !!WARNING GROSS PICTURES

Ha! I now use a full face shield and leather apron every time I use the table saw:concerned: (Yes I think I might be scared of it--respect it more?--but still use it on a regular basis) There have been a couple of times when I thought it is just one little cut and I don't need the face shield--but stop and put it on:)
My scars just blend in nicely with my wrinkles:grin: I was really lucky that day--could have been much worse.
Still haven't done any thing about the dental work---they are crazy expensive--so I just did some hacking on my partial uppers and they are working okay for now.

Thats a wake up call. I have been using a table saw for over 45 years. Here are some of my personal rules. Always keep an eye on a moving blade. Small parts always use a push stick.
Never stand directly behind blade when cutting small parts. Never have anyone standing anywhere behind you when cutting. and lately, I have been
using a full face shield. Al
Yes, that’s good rules. And also try and keep the blade just high enough to do the cut and no more…Dave

Along with what has been said, I never stand directly in front of the blade when cutting. Regardless if your cross cutting or ripping. Especially ripping. I've had probably more boards and pieces shoot out at me in front than I ever had out the back end. I know of one instant, where a small piece kicked out the back and scared the crap out of me. It bounced around in the garage, luckly did not damage anything.

And last, don't ever take your finger and try to flick off the curly piece in front at the blade while it's running!

Back