Tailstock T Nut for 6x14 import mini lathe

I assume you mean the clamping plate for the tailstock to bed.

It can be made in many different ways - you will not find a ready made piece. Just a heavier longer piece of steel plate will work fine. But if you want something more "T" like, just construct it of two pieces of steel screwed together. No machining required.
Good point, that's the way Steve Jordan made his extra rigidity/saddle lock mod. :encourage:

I considered screwing two pieces together, that's definitely an option.
Actually there's a YouTuber called Steve Jordan who has quite a few mini-lathe modding videos on his channel. His accent is kinda annoying but he's got a lot of useful stuff there.

"Artisan Makes" and "We Can Do That Better" are another couple of good mini-lathe YouTubers. ;)

My Sieg C3 mini lathe needs an upgraded T nut on the tailstock. The 'T nut' that came with it is really just a thin plate of threaded steel. I have been trying to find a t nut to fit or one slightly oversized that I can grind down to sze. The existing plate is 1 7/16 inches square, the slot in the bed is 15/16 and the ways are 5/16 inch thick. I believe it has a 3/8" bolt but I am unsure of the thread pitch I'd just mill one, but i don't own a mill.
Any help finding a t nut will be greatly appreciated.
You could do two fat bars and weld the two to geather making a tee nut.
What type equipment do have?

Dave

Tons of really good, practical ideas in this thread. This is why I love this place. :)

If absolutely all you need is a T-nut shaped thing for your tailstock, then any of the simpler ideas will do you absolutely fine. Crack on and get your part made.

That said, getting an ER32 collet chuck, a few usefully sized collets and endmills to suit, and a milling attachment does have some benefits beyond your current goal.

It's a fairly cheap (ER32 collet chucks for mini-lathes are fairly inexpensive and accessible, as are milling attachments) and simple way of adding some limited (I say limited because you won't be hogging out huge chunks of steel with this kind of setup, the rigidity just isn't there) milling to your 'toolkit' without having to buy a milling machine.

It'll enable you to tackle other projects which, without some kind of milling capability, will be either very tedious, difficult or in some cases virtually impossible.

And you'll learn some stuff and have a bit of fun whilst you're at it.

As I said, if you're happy going the hand-tool, more basic type way then go for it but I just thought I'd raise the idea up the flag and see if you had any saluting urges. ;)

You are looking at an opportunity excuse to buy yourself a mini mill. Don't let it go by :grin:.

Back