Taiwanese import lathe metric thread change gears?

I was surprised how easy it was to cut my own gears.
It may be worth making something like this
I have used it many times since and the degree disk program is of excellent use.
That aluminium gear is still in use today.
Or, will a 127 tooth from say a 9x20 lathe fit with maybe a bushing?

Back when I purchased the same change gears from Grizzly, for my Jet version of the G9249, I remembered there were multiple 32T gears listed for sale. I ended up purchasing the one specifically listed as a "change gear", but the other gear listed sure looked the same.

Just check the Parts page for the G9249 and it's still listed and available. $28.20 You can find it at the very bottom of the page.

950-2 P9249950-2

I'll let you decide if it the same.

⬆️ That’s interesting… I can’t find that part number on any of the exploded views in the manual. It does look the same. Hard to tell if it has the “spacing shoulder” on it to allow flipping it and maintaining the correct alignment depth. A spacer can be easily machined if need be, much easier than machining a gear with my current setup. That being said, I’d still very much like to machine my own gears at some point. I may give that gear a try. Thanks again everyone, it’s nice to have some options.

Generally a gear with the shoulder you describe is called a spur gear. The dimensions are standard depending on the gear. The gears without shoulders are often called change gears. Some tooth counts can only be found on change gears as standard items. Because lathe change gears need to fit a specific machine, the standards might be altered as to thickness and bore. I've made the shoulder and drilled and tapped it for various change gears for my lathe so there are lots of options. Dave

Back