Takisawa TSL-800D Lathe - $3,800 (hayward / castro valley, CA)

Yep, I have to do this...one of these days.

Lots of good lathes have been coming up in Nor Cal lately.

Does any one have a Threading dial for a Takisawa TSL 800D with a 6N lead screw? I just need some vital info and I will make my own.

Jim Dec 2023

Yep, I can indeed help. Lemme know what you need, Jim V.
all I really need is the pertinent info on the dial gear that mates with the lead screw. (1) number of teeth (2) diameter (3) length though I don't think that is critical. I'm guessing for a 6n lead screw probably 24 teeth on the gear.

Thanks for any and all help. Jim V. So Cal

all I really need is the pertinent info on the dial gear that mates with the lead screw. (1) number of teeth (2) diameter (3) length though I don't think that is critical. I'm guessing for a 6n lead screw probably 24 teeth on the gear.

Thanks for any and all help. Jim V. So Cal
a picture or two wouldn't hurt I suppose.

Ok, standby for a bit.

Edit: Not sure what you mean by 6N lead screw. Mine is 6 TPI. Same?

Another Edit: Yes, 24 teeth, cut on a slight angle to match lead screw. They also seem to have a slight bevel as shown in one of the pictures, but it's possible that is wear. It's brass, 1.29" OD, and it's 2.60" from the dial face to the outer face of the gear. There are some nice bearings in there, it's butter smooth.

IMG_3886 2.jpegIMG_3885 2.jpegIMG_3887 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks, I will incorporate that info into what I come up with.

and yes 6n is the acme 6 thread per inch. Or at least that's what google etal says, and we know the internet is never wrong or misleading.

Back