Taper Turning Attachment Questions

Thats looks real good. I still cant figure it out.How do you set the depth ,It looks like the whole lot follows on the crosslide. When you take it off is it possible you could take pics of the parts involved. Welcome to the emco v13 family. I seem to be the only guy who has an emco v13 that has a permanent gap.
I would love to build that but it may need a surface grinder by the looks of it.How much did you pay for it . It looks hardly used and I see it even has a thread dial.They are beautiful machines.

Thats looks real good. I still cant figure it out.How do you set the depth ,It looks like the whole lot follows on the crosslide. When you take it off is it possible you could take pics of the parts involved. Welcome to the emco v13 family. I seem to be the only guy who has an emco v13 that has a permanent gap.
I would love to build that but it may need a surface grinder by the looks of it.How much did you pay for it . It looks hardly used and I see it even has a thread dial.They are beautiful machines.

Plunger, the depth of cut is set by the cross-slide then the taper attachment slides on it's own internal ways to follow the angle.

Photos of the taper cutting attachment parts off the lathe:
taper cutting attachment1.jpg
taper cutting attachment2.jpg

Back