Tapers

NCjeeper

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
So I bought a horizontal milling machine. It has a 40 taper. I am looking at gathering tooling for it. Searching E-bay I see BT40, Cat40, NMTB40 tooling. Are they all the same and will fit the bore? First experience with this stuff.

Okay. Thanks John. No pictures because it is still at my buddy's shop. He is keeping it for me while my new shop is being built. It is a Abene VHF-3 mill. Here is a Youtube video on the over view of one.

What a cool machine! Almost as cool as a rotating table Deckel or a K&T Model 2-D. Looks like a unicorn, congratulations!

On Ebay/aliexpress look for NT40/DIN2080.
Got a Lagun mill that uses the same taper..

I have some 40 tooling . Boring head , couple of Lyndex colett chuck and full set of coletts Jeep . I believe they are NMTB40s . I am not positive to that though . I'll post a picture of what I find .

Think the NMTB40 has 5/8-11 drawbar thread, the NT40/DIN2080 have a M16 drawbar thread.

Last edited:
Think the NMTB40 has 5/8-11 drawbar thread and the NT40 have M16 drawbar thread.

Thanks tazzat . I'll have to identify what they are , but almost positive they are 5/8-11 . I have a few bolts down the basement to verify the thread size . Verified the thread as 5/8-11 .

One of the holders is marked NT40-1 . It's an Enco collet chuck .

Back