Tapping 304 Ss Help

I've been aware for quite some time that quality tools make the difference. For some strange reason, though, I never applied that thought to cutting tools like taps and such. Reading through this thread is opening my eyes to new possibilities. Thank you, everybody, for sharing this revelation with all of us!

Boostin53,any updates on the tap?Just checking in to see if the 3rd,4th use is still going well.Tapping
SS is something that I want to do more of but don't want to have poor results.So if it takes a 65.00 tap for for good threads hole after hole then I am all in.Just in the normal sizes of course 3/8,5/16 etc

Boostin53,any updates on the tap?Just checking in to see if the 3rd,4th use is still going well.Tapping
SS is something that I want to do more of but don't want to have poor results.So if it takes a 65.00 tap for for good threads hole after hole then I am all in.Just in the normal sizes of course 3/8,5/16 etc

I've tapped about 40-45 holes so far with this tap. Still cutting great!

A well made tool, even if expensive by some standards can not be beat. If you used hardware store taps you would probably be at the 15th hole and third tap, glad that it is working for you.

As I do this for a living I find nothing more annoying then tools that do not work well or at all, this appears to have been a learning experience for you which is a good thing.

Keep plugging away at it.

http://www.lpslabs.com/product-details/631

My industrial supply salesperson knew what he was doing when he gave me my first free sample. Cutting, drilling, thread cutting. It's a light paste that stays on. I've drilled many holes in 1/2" and 3/4" stainless bar with an annular cutter (1").

Back