Resolved Terms and Rules Prompt

rjs44032

Registered
Registered
Today I was prompted to read terms and rules before continuing. However, there was no obvious way to navigate away from the page without checking I accept and Agree button. This behavior is contrary to best practices in web design. The end user should have the option to read the terms and conditions prior to accepting them.

Now that I have accepted them prior to being able to view them, I guess I'll have a look to see just what I agreed to. By the way, it would be nice to be able to identify what has changed in the Terms and Rules as well. Hope this helps and is the correct place for feedback / discussion.

Best Regards,
Bob

To the moderators. Thank you for moving this post to an appropriate sub-forum. After reviewing the rules it looks like I have violated Rule 17 by posting about the rules.

Please accept my apology for creating a post. My intention was to give some helpful feedback regarding the a site navigation issue I was confronted with. I did not intend to openly discuss content of the Rules.

By the way I am a Application / Web Developer in my day job with 20+ years experience. So my opinion was given honestly from that perspective. Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Bob

Upvote 0
To all members, please accept our apologies for the hiccup in this feature. The acceptance box is supposed to take you to a link but for some reason, that is not working. The link that has our terms and rules can be found here.

It is indeed ironic, that you will have to read these rules after you have been forced to click a box stating that you have read the rules. The intent here was to make sure everyone had a chance to review the rules periodically. Once we figure it out we will try again, sorry for the trouble.

Upvote 0
Back