Tesla headed to mars

Shoot, I had the site bookmarked and was all set to watch the launch from start to finish and got sidetracked.

Sometimes Elon seems fanciful but as someone pointed out, "Only four entities have launched a space capsule into orbit and successfully brought it back: the United States, Russia, China and Elon Musk"

I didn’t hear if the main booster landed on the barge ?.

From what I've read the core stage crashed into or near the barge doing some damage to it. Apparently three engines are required to land and only two ignited. It hit the water at 200-300 mph.

Still, they landed the two boosters without a hitch, all the critical systems seemed to work as they should and the 'payload' is headed to interplanetary space. I'd say it was a HUGE success. Congrats, Elon!

The $250,000 Tesla costs significantly less than a $5,000,000 thirty second Super Bowl ad. I still have David Bowie stuck in my head. :)

vocatexas is right about the center booster crashing. don't know why I thought it made it ok. sorry.

He has it figured out already, solar power charging station is next. The rate of change is so fast He might actually be able drive the car or at least visit it before He shuffles off this mortal coil.

Elon will claim his Tesla cars, on one charge, can travel the most miles, more than any other electric car.

I thought the car was going to just orbit in space? Is it going to Mars?
Martin

Back