THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! BLESS YOU!

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
[size=12pt]This should be in Site Announcements, but it meant so much to me that I had to put it here and sticky it.

Recently, we hit a bump in the road with our web host, who wanted to suspend our site to force us to pay more.
I did not see this coming, and suddenly needed a place to transfer our 6GB of attachments, downloads and photos.
I found a new web host, the new web host was reputable, but much more expensive.
It was the end of the month, and I was short of funds to pay the new web hosting.
I reached out to the members for donations.

You guys responded with so much heartfelt and unselfish generosity that I could not believe it. One person sold an item he owned and gave me the money.
Others donated above and beyond the $5 that I suggested would help us out. MANY others did this, and I know that some of those are on FIXED incomes.
Many of the donations were $25 and even more. The first day that I installed the donation button, 12 people donated and it took me a little time to keep up.

I don't know how I can thank you enough- I guess by doing everything in my power to make this place as good as it can be as a start.
Your genosity truly touched me. And while I have not met most of you, except for Jim B., I feel that we are FRIENDS, not just names on a screen.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me out here. May God bless you for your unselfishness and generosity.
You guys are truly the Good Samaritan that the Bible speaks of, coming to my aid this way. God Bless you!

Not only was I able to pay the hosting bill, but I have some money left over.
You deserve to know what will happen to the money.
I swear to you that not ONE PENNY will go to anything BUT the improvement of this site.
When more donations come in, they will be saved in my Paypal account untouched.
I will add to it myself when I can, and consider investing in professional software- VBulletin.
It will give us all more features without installing troublesome modifications that mess up the site.
I want to add every new feature I can for you guys.
The money is stored in my PayPal account, and will remain there untouched until I look into what added tangible benefits VBulletin will give us.
Also, I want to add more downloads for us to have in storage so that we don't have to hunt the internet for them.
With any money left, I will buy more space for the downloads and photo gallery from our current web host to do that.
The more donations, the more features we will have for all of us to enjoy.
Internet mailing lists are also now possible with this web host, for those of you who like those, like on Yahoo.
You guys let me know what you would like and I will do it if at all possible- you deserve it.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR HELPING ME.

Nelson[/size]

Nelson,

Your heartfelt thanks means a lot. But, we should also be thanking you for a well-run, information rich, friendly site where we are all "friends." Yes, there is a bit of idle chit chat and the like mixed in with machining realated post, but that's what makes this site so friendly. If we all were to meet in person, the same thing would happen - machining talk interspersed with idle chit chat. That's how it is amongst friends.

Garbage, idle chit chat or otherwise, it doesn't matter. While I'm not banned from those other sites (maybe I will be if they read this), I find I spend nearly all of my online machinist time here - not over there.

By the way, I miss your endless stream of technical questions. I learned a lot by reading the responses.

John

author=jgedde link=topic=3766.msg27717#msg27717 date=1317406682
By the way, I miss your endless stream of technical questions. I learned a lot by reading the responses.

John

John,

When we had the poll about how we could improve this place, several people asked me to stop doing that, and I complied.

Their reasoning was that it kept the forum from developing its own identity.

I ask a few questions now and then, but try to keep my promise.

Nelson

Last edited by a moderator:
jgedde said:
How about a Nelson's Question section?

John

Nelson's question of the day/week would be pretty cool, in it's own section as John has suggested. That way those of us that are interested can look and those of us who aren't can easily avoid it. The good questions answers could later be transfered to the relevant section of the forum.

Nelson, the thanks go both ways, thank you for keeping the forum going and not giving up. :)

Last edited:
author=hq308 link=topic=3766.msg27779#msg27779 date=1317429872
author=jgedde link=topic=3766.msg27736#msg27736 date=1317412643
How about a Nelson's Question section?

John

Nelson's question of the day/week would be pretty cool, in it's own section as John has suggested. That way those of us that are interested can look and those of us who aren't can easily avoid it. The good questions answers could later be transfered to the relevant section of the forum.

Nelson, the thanks go both ways, thank you for keeping the forum going and not giving up. :)

OK, I'm game. Which section should it be in? Maybe a sub-board of General?

Nelson

Last edited by a moderator:
[size=12pt]

I want to push this to the top where everyone can see it!

This should be in Site Announcements, but it meant so much to me that I had to put it here and sticky it.

Recently, we hit a bump in the road with our web host, who wanted to suspend our site to force us to pay more.
I did not see this coming, and suddenly needed a place to transfer our 6GB of attachments, downloads and photos.
I found a new web host, the new web host was reputable, but much more expensive.
It was the end of the month, and I was short of funds to pay the new web hosting.
I reached out to the members for donations.

You guys responded with so much heartfelt and unselfish generosity that I could not believe it. One person sold an item he owned and gave me the money.
Others donated above and beyond the $5 that I suggested would help us out. MANY others did this, and I know that some of those are on FIXED incomes.
Many of the donations were $25 and even more. The first day that I installed the donation button, 12 people donated and it took me a little time to keep up.

I don't know how I can thank you enough- I guess by doing everything in my power to make this place as good as it can be as a start.
Your genosity truly touched me. And while I have not met most of you, except for Jim B., I feel that we are FRIENDS, not just names on a screen.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me out here. May God bless you for your unselfishness and generosity.
You guys are truly the Good Samaritan that the Bible speaks of, coming to my aid this way. God Bless you!

Not only was I able to pay the hosting bill, but I have some money left over.
You deserve to know what will happen to the money.
I swear to you that not ONE PENNY will go to anything BUT the improvement of this site.
When more donations come in, they will be saved in my Paypal account untouched.
I will add to it myself when I can, and consider investing in professional software- VBulletin.
It will give us all more features without installing troublesome modifications that mess up the site.
I want to add every new feature I can for you guys.
The money is stored in my PayPal account, and will remain there untouched until I look into what added tangible benefits VBulletin will give us.
Also, I want to add more downloads for us to have in storage so that we don't have to hunt the internet for them.
With any money left, I will buy more space for the downloads and photo gallery from our current web host to do that.
The more donations, the more features we will have for all of us to enjoy.
Internet mailing lists are also now possible with this web host, for those of you who like those, like on Yahoo.
You guys let me know what you would like and I will do it if at all possible- you deserve it.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR HELPING ME.

Nelson[/size]

Curious as to if the counter at the donate page will ever work? For last months count there was no data shown of who or what was raised and there is nothing this month either?

A good community gets good support and will continue to. Just make sure when things are supposed to be transparent, they stay that way.

Thanks for the thanks ;0

Still working on it, but in the meantime, here is the roll!
[size=14pt]

Hobby-Machinist's Site Supporters - The "Honor Roll!"[/size]
[size=14pt]

We thank the following members of HOBBY-MACHINIST for their generosity in donating to support our site!
We truly appreciate their kind support!

12bolts
4R8
4gsr
BRIAN
Bill Gruby
Bobby Bailey
DaveH
ETC57
EdK
Jim B.
Kennyd
Max_Power
Mayhem
MrTFW
Old Iron
Oz Machinist
Pacer
Pauls77
ScrapMetal
Tony Wells
Whyemier
brt
bytewise
coal miner
dfletch
driftabout
hq308
jgedde
joebiplane (south jersey)
joesmith
lazylathe
mechanicalmagic
pdentrem
reds
sic semper tyrannis
starlight_tools
wagoneer1

If you would like to join them, please click the "DONATE TO H-M!" button on the top menu or click this link: http://hobby-machinist.com/index.php?action=treasury
[/size]

Back