THE BEST METAL ADHESIVE??

I've had very good results using JB Weld on metals ... after sandblasting the mating surfaces to provide some "tooth."

Some years ago, I read an article from West System, on metal bonding with epoxy - It was specifically for aluminum bonding.
They tested a bunch of different prep techniques for aluminum, and found that the best results were from coating the surfaces, and then wet sanding them with the uncured epoxy, before bonding - The idea was that aluminum oxidizes almost instantly on exposure, and the wet sanding cut through that, and allowed the epoxy to bond to the actual pure aluminum surface = Much stronger bond

Whether or not this has any relevance to this discussion, I don't know, but I thought it was interesting.

Some years ago, I read an article from West System, on metal bonding with epoxy - It was specifically for aluminum bonding.
They tested a bunch of different prep techniques for aluminum, and found that the best results were from coating the surfaces, and then wet sanding them with the uncured epoxy, before bonding - The idea was that aluminum oxidizes almost instantly on exposure, and the wet sanding cut through that, and allowed the epoxy to bond to the actual pure aluminum surface = Much stronger bond

Whether or not this has any relevance to this discussion, I don't know, but I thought it was interesting.
The Gouegon brothers know their stuff....

John

Back