The Chuck Norris Of Drawbars

Nobody said that it would be easy, but you dear sir, handled this situation quite elegantly. Well done. Now does it fit ;^)
Love that table!!! (insert drooling emoji here).

Chuck the grumpy old guy

Okay...NOT funny!! I was in the middle of re-assembling my mill after I tore it half apart and CHINA drawbar went snap.
A nice fix! You shouldn't have that problem come up again.

The same thing happened to the drawbar on a Grizzly G0755 at work. I punched out the old pin and made a replacement pin. Had it happened at home, I would have just welded it as you have done.

Nobody said that it would be easy, but you dear sir, handled this situation quite elegantly. Well done. Now does it fit ;^)
Love that table!!! (insert drooling emoji here).

Chuck the grumpy old guy

Thanks, yes it fits perfectly. The Buildpro table is awesome, expensive but one of the best purchases I have been in a long while. Plus its pretty much indestructible at 5/8 in thick steel it will out live me and a few more generations.

A nice fix! You shouldn't have that problem come up again.

The same thing happened to the drawbar on a Grizzly G0755 at work. I punched out the old pin and made a replacement pin. Had it happened at home, I would have just welded it as you have done.

Oddly the pin did not go all the way through the other side, weird.

nice job! Is that a cutting pattern on the shaft or just an optical effect?

That pattern is partially due to having to turn it very slow due to 15 plus inches of the shaft extending into the spindle unsupported. But I have not been that impressed with the surface finish on any turnings lately, I think something has gotten loose on the lathe that needs snugging up.

hmm, do spindle bearings have a "settling in" period after which they need to be readjusted? No idea personally, but that might be one place to look. I vaguely remember your lathe having a 3 phase motor, so motor vibration seems unlikely.

No its just a single phase G4003G. I haven't adjusted it since new so its overdue.

Back