The Clouds are Clearing

I remember Heileman's growing up in Wisconsin, along with a host of other local beers, Hams ( the beer refreshing), Blatz (smoother, fresher, less filling that's clear), Big Cat malt liquor, and on and on. In the mid sixties I had a 53 Mercury coupe, with no back seat, which allowed the transporting of vast amounts of PBR to local parties. Like RJ, I now generally have one a night with dinner. Started drinking Mexican beer many years ago, and now it's mostly Modelo in bottles. Picked up four cases last week so I don't have to go out to get it as often. Glad you were able to restock your favorite. Cheers, Mike

Hey Mike, I've taken to Modelo as well but I favor the dark (negra) variety

How goes it Harry? I've tried the Negra, and while it is tasty, I find it a little to filling for me, as on occasion I have been known to have more than one. ;) Cheers, Mike

How goes it Harry? I've tried the Negra, and while it is tasty, I find it a little to filling for me, as on occasion I have been known to have more than one. ;) Cheers, Mike

It "goes" well ! Gaining on shop organization and enjoying life.

I tried Pabst Blue Ribbon but it doesn't taste as good as it did in my college days
Ha Ha Ha.
I remember Pabst Blue Ribbon. As I recall, we didn't care how it tasted. Do they still make Olympia up there in Washington? For some reason I think of those two together. Probably because my buddy, Peter Waschowski's dad drank one or the other. That's how we got our beer. This was in High School of course.
Have you guys ever heard of Sierra Nevada? I live in Chico, CA. The brewery is in town. Great restaurant but the beer is ok.
I must be a minority as the brewery has done very well world wide.

I think talking about beer and our youthful adventures could turn out to be a fun and long lived thread :)
Cheers,

Hehe, my first hangover was due to over consumption of Olympia.
We had two graduation celebrations due to split HS districts.
The Dads got together at my Father's urging to host 'controlled' graduation night celebrations.
(My Father was always adamant that if we were to EVER partake we were to do it under supervision, and he got the car keys.)
The first one we pitched a couple of tents at my friend's place out in the country, bunch of food courtesy of Mom's INC., nice bonfire and the Dads got our car keys.
One classmate was hurting worse than the rest of us, he fell out of a tree that he attempted to climb.

The second one was at our place, no tents but Mom setup the living room with sleeping bags.
Then a technical problem came up. An uncle had gifted me a complete set of tune-up equipment and we dumb arses wanted to 'do' our vehicles.
The Dads supervised from lawn chairs.
And the following morning there were (7) out of (8) non-running vehicles in the driveway.
Can you picture a group of hungover grads trying to repair their vehicles the next day? It was pretty pathetic.

Ha Ha Ha.
I remember Pabst Blue Ribbon. As I recall, we didn't care how it tasted. Do they still make Olympia up there in Washington? For some reason I think of those two together. Probably because my buddy, Peter Waschowski's dad drank one or the other. That's how we got our beer. This was in High School of course.
Have you guys ever heard of Sierra Nevada? I live in Chico, CA. The brewery is in town. Great restaurant but the beer is ok.
I must be a minority as the brewery has done very well world wide.

I think talking about beer and our youthful adventures could turn out to be a fun and long lived thread :)
Cheers,

NYS has its own form of “Green Death”, it’s Rochester’s curse on the state, it’s called Genesee Cream Ale, your constant need for a toilet, will make you forget about the hangover

NYS has its own form of “Green Death”, it’s Rochester’s curse on the state, it’s called Genesee Cream Ale, your constant need for a toilet, will make you forget about the hangover

And for the good end of NYS .........................Saranac ! Great stuff but I usually do the Labbatt's Blues while up in the mountains .

When I am out East I usually get a Yuengling. They say that it is the oldest beer around but I don't think it tastes that old. LOL :beer mugs:

And for the good end of NYS .........................Saranac ! Great stuff but I usually do the Labbatt's Blues while up in the mountains .

I’ve work in the F X Matt’s brewery in Utica, they use to sell Fife & Drum, Utica Club and Matt’s premium, now they do the Saranac and do micro brew and contract runs, for other people, they says that’s where the real money in brewing beer is.

Back