The Great Escape has Begun

Still looking, we are concentrating on Coos County. The climate in Josephine County is a little too hot for us and the basin collects wild fire smoke which is not good for the stints I have in my heart. Although it is not completely letting out some areas in Josephine and Douglas counties.

Hard to say where we will end up. As we approach the end of this year the search will heat up. Currently just monitoring, of course if the perfect situation were to arise we would jump on it. Partially, we have been waiting as we will be using the funds from the sale of our boat to finance the majority of the land and land development. We are moving off the boat in November to make the final prep for it to go on the market in February. If something comes up before we sell, I can finance with some of my retirement funds and then reimburse the funds when it does. Most boats of our size, up here are selling pretty fast. So hoping that condition remains.

Sadly, the government in Oregon is less than desirable and seems as though they want everyone pacified (drug induced). Hopefully, either we can get the current regime out or become a part of Idaho. One is as difficult as the other. Just learned that they have passed some laws that regulate private water wells. Currently it only covers wells that are shared by 3 or more homes. In those cases they can tell you to shut it down if they decide the water tables are being pulled too low. They are working on ways to address single home supply wells but haven't gotten that worked out yet.

Back