The white elephant in the scheme of things .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have quite a few . Went down to my original shop and started planning on my move back into the space . Didn't take long to figure out that everything is not going to fit . I'm finding out it's much easier to grow a shop than to shrink one . :(

Downsizing so gotta shrink the shop.
I'm finding its not so much the equipment its the working space its self.

To move back into a nice climate controlled area complete with TV , stereo , AC and heat , pull in access to name a few reasons . :)
Stereo...Definitely, AC and heat... Absolutely, Pull in access...If at all possible, Yes! As for the TV, I got rid of mine. I found it way too distracting and didn't help any in finishing up projects. JMHO

AC?
Heat?
hmmmm, Comfort. What price comfort?
Oh, and yeah, no rusting...!

The move will consist of moving the woodshop tools up from the other basement and moving the metalworking tools down to it . The woodworking stuff can go into the garage which is not climate controlled . I only have a few large saws and 4 HF 42" roll arounds left down there . It'll be an April job as of this point , I still have to make room in the garage to take on the saws . 1 square foot at a time is the way 'm approaching this . :)

My one glaring white elephant would be the 618 B&S micromaster SG . It's rather large and trying to squeeze it into the mix is troublesome . This is a clubbed basement btw . I'm getting tired of maintaining tooling while not using it . :(

Back