Working On It Theme colors, background choices, make fonts hard to read

Lathe_Bender

Registered
Registered
I have a hard time seeing the lighter fonts on similar colored backgrounds (blue letters on light blue background). I have a chart below with the issues I'm finding for my old eyes:

Style
Sticky Background Color
Sticky Font Color
Notes
Default Style
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Can't read the sticky section without great effort. The rest is readable​
VBulletin 4
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Can't read the sticky section without great effort.​
VBulletin 3
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Xenia (fluid)
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Whisper 2
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
VB 3.x – Fluid
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Default Style – Green
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
VBulletin 3
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Red Dawn
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
AT Grey
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
VB 3.x – Fluid
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
IPBforo
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Velour
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
XenForo 2.0
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
xF Mavis Style
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Shades of Grey (blue) 1.4
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Can't read the sticky section, but can see the rest very well​
Shades of Grey (cream) 1.4
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Can't read the sticky section, but can see the rest very well​
XenfForo Default
Light Blue
Slightly Darker Blue
Can read the sticky section, but the rest is too bright​

Any chance the stickies might get a different, higher contrast font so I don't have to change themes constantly to see?

The dark mode choices are awesome; it's just the lack of contrast in the stickies that is so troublesome to read.

You have inspired me to work on a Dark Mode (with some high contrast). I'm experimenting with it now if you want to try it out. It is a work in progress so please be patient. There are four gazillion options.

Currently I've switched to Shades of Grey (blue) 1.4 and it's awesome! Thank you very much!

Currently I've switched to Shades of Grey (blue) 1.4 and it's awesome! Thank you very much!

Currently I've switched to Shades of Grey (cream) 1.4, the previous Shades of Grey (blue) got the stickies back to the original issue for me. This new theme seems to be working well. Thanks!

Currently I've switched to Shades of Grey (cream) 1.4
Well, I must have missed the sticky thing when I switched to this theme. Still the same.

Shades of Grey (cream) 1.4 (1).jpg

Shades of Grey (cream) 1.4 (2).jpg

You know, I'm glad to be old but I've been surprised by all the things I can't do, or see, like when I was younger.

Now I understand what my dad meant when he said, "I can't explain it, you will just to live it yourself."

I had no idea, but I do now !

Well, I must have missed the sticky thing when I switched to this theme. Still the same.

View attachment 440188

View attachment 440189
Yeah, for the life of me, I'm having great difficulty finding the terminology the software uses for stickies...I actually put a ticket in with the developer and haven't heard back yet. Style support gets very little traffic on the site. Most people just buy themes and styles and then set it and forget it.

Thank you very much for taking the time and looking into this! 20 years ago I would not have even noticed this, but now the old eyes don't discriminate colors as well, which is somewhat disconcerting. Aging is better than not, but it does make some things more difficult for sure.

Thanks again!

Thank you very much for taking the time and looking into this! 20 years ago I would not have even noticed this, but now the old eyes don't discriminate colors as well, which is somewhat disconcerting. Aging is better than not, but it does make some things more difficult for sure.

Thanks again!
Thanks for your patience. I have limited time available to putter around with the settings so this is a slow work in progress. I will have some more time available tomorrow and will focus on trying to locate the theme settings for that portion of the content code.

Back