Thin walled aluminum drum

Holy moly! Its been a while since I've used bondo, phew! I'm awake now! That's quite the ronch! I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before I start hearing "what's that smell!!?"
IMG_20180322_231447.jpg

Holy moly! Its been a while since I've used bondo, phew! I'm awake now! That's quite the ronch! I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before I start hearing "what's that smell!!?"
View attachment 263122
I LOVE the smell of Bondo—reminds me of late summer nights helping my brother rebuild his 1960 MGA. When we were done it was about 50/50 Bondo/Steel.:eek:

the bondo should work well for awhile, and will be a lot better than the dents you had!

i have repaired many pretty deep dings in small and large hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders.
dress down the affected area to keep protruding stock from doing more damage, then using extreme cleanliness, mix up the JB Weld and then dress it down with emery cloth after the cure- works like a charm and lasts a long time

Where the bondo is rarely sees any friction. It’s near the beginning/middle of the wrap that’s always tight. Sometimes the wrap will get loose near the end, sometimes, and it rubs the drum. I imagine this will work fine for some time.

I was surprised how many people were willing to pay quite a bit for a custom made piece of furniture. But, I was a one man shop. Couldn't afford to grow, couldn't afford help, couldn't build fast enough to make more money to take the next step. It plateaued. Eventually, I closed up and went back to working factory. Now, I dabble when it arises. Sometimes I think about getting back into it again. My boss wants to do custom live edge tables. The new fad that's going on. Live edge with metal legs.

Shawn,
From what we've seen here you could produce amazing live-edge table tops and the legs to go with them.
The only questions then are of time and economics.
-brino

So far, we have yet to have a customer for a table. This all stemmed from a live edge bar we did in a basement last year. IMG_20170615_170130.jpgIMG_20170615_170046.jpgIMG_20170615_170058.jpg

IMG_20170615_170117.jpg
IMG_20170615_170103.jpg

The finish on the live edge is epoxy. It was a LOT of work..

The cupboards are store bought, the built in shelves I built. The walls are walnut laminate flooring.

We also did a feature stone wall that hides a roll down projector screen and some custom cabinetry Marc (boss) and I did. I think he built most of the cabinets on that wall, I think I made the doors, but I stained and sprayed everything.

The tv stand in the middle the client bought previously and I had to match the finish colour.
IMG_20170615_165931.jpgIMG_20170615_165943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, we have yet to have a customer for a table. This all stemmed from a live edge bar we did in a basement last year. View attachment 263158View attachment 263161View attachment 263159

View attachment 263157
View attachment 263160

The finish on the live edge is epoxy. It was a LOT of work..

The cupboards are store bought, the built in shelves I built. The walls are walnut laminate flooring.

We also did a feature stone wall that hides a roll down projector screen and some custom cabinetry Marc (boss) and I did. I think he built most of the cabinets on that wall, I think I made the doors, but I stained and sprayed everything.

The tv stand in the middle the client bought previously and I had to match the finish colour.
View attachment 263162View attachment 263163
Amazing

Back