This Really Has To Stop.....i'll Be Broke Sooner Than Later.

lowlife

Registered
Registered
Soooooooo.

In the last 3 days I have bought

Edge finder
Center finder
Parallels
Mahr test indicator (used)
Indicol
Couple of different arbors
2" travel indicator
Enco (French made) Boring head (used)
115 pc cobalt Cleveland twist drill set

A month or so ago I bought a New Miller TIG welder.

I'm not really sure if I want to learn to machine or just addicted to buying tools? While I did get a good price ( I felt) on nearly everything my mother never told me about this!?!
Got beat out at an auction or 3 on a rotary table and at one time close to the end of the auction I was sitting on 6 yes 6 kurt vises. Thank God I became the first runner up in most all of them!

I wonder if my mom wants a piece of metal (Modern art) with a bunch of random holes drilled in it for Mothers Day?

Last edited:
To late you have the disease now and there is no knowen cure for it. The only treatment is buying bore tools. Welcume to the clube.

Ahahaha it has only just begun my friend. Now let me see here in the last year I purchased a...12x36 lathe, 6 jaw Bison SetTru chuck, 3 jaw PBA SetRight chuck, link belts, Aloris QCTP w/4 tool holders, 6 more tool holders, keyless chuck, magnetic indicator holder, boring bars and inserts, indexible tool holders and inserts, more inserts, various center drills and cobalt drill bits, more inserts, more indexible tool holders, Starrett master precision level, DRO, Mitutoyo 1 and 2 inch mic, depth mic, China test indicator which broke so then a Mitutoyo test indicator, dial indicator, all manner of brass, aluminum, and steel stock, a big ass stainless toolbox to hold all the stuff, various components for a drop coolant system I have yet to assemble, indexible threading tool holder and inserts, parting tool, indexible parting tool which I mangled, then an Aloris indexible parting tool.

Ugh I have to machine the T nut for the Aloris QCTP so...milling machine, Kurt vise, ER32 collet set and tool holder, end mills, face mill and inserts, more inserts, Albreicht keyless chuck, VFD, Leeson motor, $900 worth of electrical panel components and controls, cable carrier and cables and cords, Lincoln 210MP welder and a stack of steel for the mill stand, StrongHand welding table, gloves, helmet, about a dozen clamps, TurnPro metal bandsaw, another DRO, center finder indicator, Kurt parallels, work stops, clamping kit, precision square set...

Well you get the picture.

Every once in a while I sell one of my bargains to see if I really got a good deal!! No ,that's not true , but I do think about selling one or two, to see if I made a good deal. And I watch other people pay more than I did , so it's got to be a good deal right? And I could sell them for more! And maybe some day I will sell them for more...yeah that's it! Meanwhile I put them to good use....And ,no I don't see it stopping anytime soon......I just got a really good deal on......................

Lowlife...Just keep in mind, when you crash, we're all waiting to scavenge your accumulation, don't forget us.

Ahhhh so much to look forward too?

TB I'd like to get a track day at Mid Ohio, never been on the track except for the vintage motorcycle days and anything below 140 doesn't count.

I need to sell some stuff to buy more stuff, That is how is spose to go right? Anyone want a motorcycle? How about an older operational 250 lb floor sander? Anything else you guys want to buy I been collecting for 52 years on the same farm for 4 generations. I've really been eyeing up stuff that I "really need"! My lathe and mill cupboard looks really bare!!!

I've never even driven past Mid-Ohio. My kids (30 years ago) used to talk about going, but never did. Our loss, I guess.

I might have room for a Motorcycle, don't know much about them though...Almost got one once the guy wanted 300 for it it was laverta yoga or something like that ...it was orange ugly as hell

Back