Thoughts on the Pro Pulse 220 MTS

RedOak

Registered
Registered
As I really like the fact that folks are helpful here, I'm happy to see a USAWeld forum board on the HMF. We've owned our PP 220 MTS for over a year now, so this seems like a good time to give it a short review.

Although I'm not that crazy about the menu system that came with it, our machine does, after experimenting with our own settings, work very well. Although I may never learn the secrets of MIG welding thin metal -- and despite what several people have said about not having the power to do it -- our PP 220 MTS has proven to be effective when welding projects in which 1/2" mild steel is the principal material. We've got an accessory that was made for use in our logging operations, for example, that has taken every form of abuse imaginable: without failure. It was based on 1/2" mild plate with 2" receiver tube welded to it and, once again, regardless of the skidding we've used it for, it has been totally reliable. Sure, we've broken some cables using it, but, in my mind, that just goes to show just how well the welds have held up.

Would I like to have a larger MIG welder? Sure I would, but, for now, our PP 220 MTS continues to deliver.

Back